Thursday, January 6, 2011

so much to try!

Day 2-
My host mom and I went out again today - this time by car and she drove all around the city. You know how in the US we joke about the difficulties of being a cab driver in NYC? Well I dare any NYC taxi driver to come over here. It's ridiculous!!! All you do is swerve because the roads are not well-marked and cars are parked everywhere and come out of everywhere, and as for my comment about horns yesterday -well I get why everyone uses horns all the time. Anyway, we visited the entire city and I got a better look at all the breathtaking views as well as the beautiful parks and also a MALL -complete with a Sbarro's, Subway, and a store that was playing Rascal Flatts.
Anyway, I'm most interested right now in the food - food is SO cheap: a good meal can be bought for $2-3 and I'm looking forward to trying different restaurants every day at school for lunch. I can't wait to meet up with my friends tomorrow at orientation and make some plans to visit the city a little. When I get comfortable with that, I can't wait to expand my borders and choose either the rain forest, the beach, or the underwater volcano lake thing. I'm doing all 3, I just have to plan accordingly.
Otherwise, this morning I tried to teach Juanito, the parrot some French (sin exíto) and now I'm about to watch my new favorite telenovela Floricienta.
That's all for now! If you can't tell, I've been writing because I have a lot of idle time.
Orientación mañana!
cynthia

1 comment: